Monday 31 December 2012

My year in an oyster shell

The last day of the year is usually dedicated to reminiscing and remembering, to look back over the year that has passed and, for me, being amazed by all the change that happened in the last year.

My year in an oyster shell of change:

The year started with a broken heart over the loss of a very dear friend, this was compounded by seeking comfort in the wrong places.

I had a 'month of me', where I focused on making decisions purely based on what makes me happy, what I want out of life and where I am headed. Part of this was my decision to give up boys and their mischief for lent. 

I had a month where I pushed my boundaries and smashed through my limits, I became a bikini fish and took a big step closer to changing my life through doing my scuba dive instructors' course.

There was some wooing followed by betrayal and a little bit more shattering of my heart. And then some healing was found in sharing my passion for the underwater world with others and on the white beaches, warm water, sand dunes and cocktail sunsets of magical Mozambique.

There was some ferocious preparing for my mini adventure and then my biiiig adventure.

I had some awesome days in the sun, with a great group of friends sailing on a yacht along the South African coast.

There was some partying and quick catch-ups with friends and family and then good byes as I left for Thailand where I came to embrace cold showers and night dives dancing with luminescence stars.

My year was filled with many tears and doubts, fights and arguments with friends, family, the universe and myself. With discovering gems of friends. With countless moments that took my breath(e) -hehe- away. Mostly my year was filled with self discovery, with challenging myself to push harder and move further. With so much of loving and dancing and craaazy singing... and laughing... always the lauging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment